The revelation this week that we have killed far more people in Iraq than we've been led to believe has kind of been buried among some other very high profile stories. I think it's as big a story as we've seen all year--right up there with the repealing of the Magna Carta.
So, with renewed focus on this ongoing genocide, I give you...
...Iraq War News:
- The head of the British army has called for Tony Blair to pull their country out of Iraq. And now, the Coalition of One will carry us through 2010.
- Paul Campos writes on Capitolhill Blue about "the elaborate dance preceding the withdrawal of American troops."
- The Sunnis are very pissed at the Shi'ites for trying to push through a law that will allow them to form a self-rule state in the South of Iraq.
- Shiite militiamen gunned down 11 at a TV station Thursday, "the deadliest attack against the media in this country, where at least 81 other journalists have been killed in the past three years." Remember, it's not a civil war.
- Sgt. Ricky Clousing, left his military base because he disagreed with the U.S. mission in Iraq, was sentenced to three months Thursday for going AWOL.
- And, for what it's worth, John Kerry has now publicly expressed deep regret for his vote to go to war in Iraq.
- A commission chaired by none other than James Baker--Bush's Lawyer in Florida in 2000 , Poppy Bush's campaign chair and Secretary of State, and one of the most powerful oil barons in the world--is set to say the war is unwinnable and we should redeploy. I think John Murtha said that over a year ago. By the way something, if you follow any money around for just a little while, it all goes through James Baker.
VIDEO: President Bush reacts very strangely to the new casualty count in Iraq.
This post courtesy of Station Agent from Ice Station Tango. -SBT-
Post a Comment