Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dear Mr. President

I thought one way I could contribute to this blog is to publish my letters to the President and other officials. This is my most recent letter to the President.


Dear President Bush:

I am writing to you because I am having difficulty understanding what seems to me to be two contradictory messages you have given recently.

On July 19, 2006 you vetoed the stem cell research bill stating that you did not want to destroy life in the name of science. Meanwhile the conflict between Isreal and Hizbollah continues to rage on and you refuse to call for a ceasefire unless a "lasting peace" could be achieved. In essence, you are allowing life to be destroyed in the name of peace.

I would be very interested to hear how you can hold these two statements together. Because it seems to me that you are saying that no death is to be tolerated in the laboratory, but hundreds of civilian deaths on a battlefield that includes kitchens and nurseries is legitimate.

Sincerely,
RevPhat

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live...Dt. 30:19b

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO RevPat! Can someone set up a HaloScan comment thread instead? More openess is ideal.

SadButTrue said...

Way to go RevPhat! See, it isn't much harder than posting a comment on someone else's blog, is it? The editor in Blogger has a few hmmm..idiosynchracies is the least perjorative term I could use. Its not a bug, its a feature! For instance, when you want to highlight something in bold or italics, it's really stupid about going back to non-highlighted text. I usually go into the HTML editor, find the close tag, and type a word or two behind it. Then back to the regular WYSIWYG interface. The extra formatting flexibility is worth it. And with that you also get the ability to post pictures (I know, haloscan just added that), sounds and video. You're all going to have a lot of fun!
Nigel, to get in on the fun, you'll have to send me an email at iamsadbuttrue@hotmail.com Once I have an email address for you, I can send you an official invitation to join up.

Anonymous said...

I can set up haloscan later tonight if we want. Do we want?

HI NIGEL,
I'm not a morning person.
:)

SadButTrue said...

Note to team members: For now the most recent thread on The Guillotine will be our primary means of communication. I am moving this blog over to haloscan (for Nigel), and ALL COMMENTS WILL BE LOST when that happens. The posts will survive. Leave comments on this site at your peril.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jump. You morning slog:-)

Thanks SadButTrue. I think it's just easily for others to comment since most are using HaloScan on blogs such as A-blog and Raw story.

Anonymous said...

BRAVO.
Thanks, SBT, for halo!!

Nigel, yes, it's true, I'm a pill in the morning, but I'm worth it. :lol:

Anonymous said...

Jump,

glad you're here. We need you like a drug.:lol: Where the fuck is Hornet? Didn't he get the memo?:lol: