'Limited' Accountability, Displaced Iraqis Ignored, Embassy Construction Update, Forget Poland, More
The war in Iraq was illegal. There was and still is gruesome carnage on a massive scale. Now it's an occupation, not a war. There's also a lot of fighting that looks like war, but, despite the air raids, bombed houses and buildings, missing limbs, mass graves and melted faces, it's really an occupation. It will end when we want it to. There can be no winners.
Currently the U.S. military death toll from the war that's over and the ongoing, current, happening now OCCUPATION stands at:
Here's the Iraq news:
- Harry Reid actually said this: "We're going to continue to do the right thing for the American people by having limited accountability for the president and not a blank check." Thanks for that limited accountability, Harry! Give 'em limited Hell! Hopefully the number of Democratic senators who vote for you next time you stand for majority leader is very limited, like zero would be good.
- 4.2 million displaced Iraqis are going ignored by the United States, Britain, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia plans to close it's border with Iraq by building a $2 billion fence.
- The justice department is investigating why the budget for the biggest US embassy building in the world leaped from a staggering $592m to a brain-blistering $736m. The state department has no idea when it would be finished. Here's the answer--it'll be finished when we run out of money to funnel into it.
- Cliff Schecter is an observant dude. Here's what he noticed about the British withdrawal from Basra: "Hmmm. Britain leaves, and there's a 90% drop in violence. What in the world could that mean? What can we learn? There must be a lesson in there somewhere. There must." Cliff also noticed that Poland, a country we were once warned not to forget, has decided to forget about helping us in Iraq.
- Some people do not know when to shut up.
- It's been two years since Rep. John Murtha called for redeployment. He wrote about it yesterday on Huffington Post.
VIDEO: The show Inside Iraq looks back on their one year of covering the war and OCCUPATION torn nation. (part two here)
TAGS: Iraq OCCUPATION, Tony Blair, Harry Reid, Saudi Arabia