The Fourth of July has passed, meaning half of 2007 is gone. Time is flying by and the Congress we elected to end the war keeps not ending the war.
So, here's yet another edition of the Iraq News:
- As of Friday, July 6, 2007, the U.S. military death toll in Iraq stood at 3,598.
- The Iraq War might pay for itself as we were told going into it, but not in our lifetimes.
- Endangered GOP Senator Pete Domenici on Thursday proposed we bring home most troops by next March. Domenici happens to be up to his eyeballs in the U.S. Attorneys purge and a recent poll shows his popularity cratering. Nevertheless, this is clearly a welcome sign that finally the will of the people might be sinking in. You know who it didn't sink in very well with? Rick Santorum.
- If it wasn't for that meddling Superman, Australia would belong to Lex Luthor right now. And while they would be subjected to rule by a ruthless super genius, which is unfortunate, at least their foreign policy would make some modicum of sense.
- Bush is still a dumbass.
- IraqSlogger has a profile of Iraq's utterly messed up political scene.
VIDEO: From 2003--Janeane Garofalo promises Bill O'Reilly that she'll apologize to President Bush when the Iraq War is a huge success.
Crossposted at Ice Station Tango.
TAGS: Iraq War, Pete Domenici, Rick Santorum, Australia