Monday, December 03, 2007

DOH!


I am an utter MORON and I wouldn't blame anyone for never reading one of my posts again. Here's the thing:

I am quizzing about, looking to create another Pink Floyd University post. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Wrong.

Anyhoo, I decided to look through the top Pink Floyd videos viewed in youtube. And the one at the top of the list just frikking slayed me it was so damn obvious.



I've been pussyfooting around, frankly, when it comes to how strong and viable Pink Floyd's politics are. I am not speaking for them. I am just speaking for what the band's output makes ME realize and want to articulate. What is particularly resonant in my opinion right now:
Hello.
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home? (0:22 elapsed)

Come on, now.
I hear youre feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain,
Get you on your feet again.

Relax.
I need some information first. (0:43 elapsed)
Just the basic facts:
Can you show me where it hurts?

In my opinion, the first 22 seconds says most of it; ABDICATION OF RESPONSIBILITY by the adults (read Congress)

The next 21 seconds are the game plan. Extend your arm, and recieve. Only it happens not via a pinprick, but by the pixel, and the masses have been conquered by the minute.

So, GOODBYE 1st and 4th Amendments! We loved ya while we had ya, but we never really knew ya.

I never really got this so plain and simple at a gut level before. That people don't really know or care. They're not involved. They're comfortably numb. I always thought...nevermind.

Pffftt. You know I can't leave a post without hope.





TAGS: , , ,

No comments: