With the death of Anna Nicole Smith providing cable and network news with manna from heaven in the form of endless tragedy-bleached headlines AT THE EXPENSE OF REAL NEWS STORIES, coverage of the war will be on the back burner. Off the stove, really.
But what's a few billion dollars on pallets or confirmation of manipulated intel compared to one famous, drug-addled, heiress supermodel reality show hasbeen? Godspeed Anna Nicole.
For the rest of you diehards, here's...
...The Iraq News:
- The insurgents are targeting our helicopters. Filming it too.
- The French were right. We know. We're okay with it.
- CBS points out that Bush administration opponents have, despite administration claims, offered alternatives in Iraq. USA today thinks that Joe Biden has a clean and articulate take on Iraq.
- Republican Senator Norm Coleman is shocked--shocked!--that the Senate won't debate Iraq resolution. By the way something, he's in deep shit in his 2008 re-election campaign.
- Alicia at Last Left Turn Before Hooterville writes about the mistrial in Lt. Watada's courtmartial.
- Maybe we're not going to have a draft, but we're all ready for one.
VIDEO: Fox Noise owner Rupert Murdoch admits trying to lead nation into war.
TAGS: Iraq War, Anna Nicole Smith, Ehren Watada, Fox News
Crossposted at Ice Station Tango.