President Bush is always out there, touting the economy, because his deregulation regime yields positive growth statistics, which drive the DOW up. Well, how is the economy actually doing? I don't know. Let's read some...
...The Economy News:
- Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich writes, "Bush on CEO Pay, and the Truth about CEO Pay." Marc McDonald weighs in too.
- Unemployment is up. Highest level in four months. Jobs growth is down. Just sayin'.
- Thursday the Bush Administration announced it intends to divert $1.3 billion away from the rebuilding of the levees. I don't think they'll be putting the Bush Library over at Tulane.
- Center for American Progress breaks down some risks for the middle class.
- The Texas Rainmaker has the Bush-licking version of the economy down. Check out the debt clock there, Rainmaker.
- For the first time in a decade the House and Senate have passed a minimum wage increase. Over to Bush for the big veto.
TAGS: Economy, Katrina, Minimum Wage, Tim Ryan