Occupation, Murtha, Murphy, McCain is Nuts, More
The Senate passed a non-binding call for troops to begin leaving Iraq in 120-days. Bush immediately burned rubber over to a podium at the National Cattlemen's Beef Association where he vowed to eat the yellow-liver of every Democrat in Congress. Seriously, this speech sucked. We need an intervention.
While Congress works on that, you can fuel your white hot rage with another sad installment of...
...The Iraq News:
- Retired General and West Point professor Barry McCaffrey writes about Iraq, "The population is in despair." Maybe if they all killed themselves from grief democracy would flower there as our president predicted.
- Shiite militants and police went on a vengeful killing spree against Sunnis in Tal Afar, killing 60 residents.
- A member of the Iraqi Parliament has said that an attempt on Muqtada al-Sadr’s life failed and the U.S. was involved in the plot. If by involved you mean "they did it" then yes.
- Even the Saudis are turning on Bush. The King of Saudi Arabia blasted the illegal occupation of Iraq today at the Arab summit in Riyadh.
- Chris Weigant writes, "After Bush Vetoes the Iraq Bill, Then What?"
- Attaturk writes, "The Surge--How it Works".
- As of yesterday the American death count in Iraq--3,242.
VIDEO: John McCain tells Wolf Blitzer that there are sections of Baghdad that are perfectly safe for walking around in. Sure. Why don't you lead the way and we'll follow close behind, Senator.
VIDEO: Baghdad correspondant Michael Ware thinks John McCain is smoking some really good shit (Crooks and Liars).
VIDEO: CNN--Bush on Iraq, Then and Now.
Crossposted at Ice Station Tango.
TAGS: Iraq War, George W. Bush, Withdrawal, John McCain