Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Florida Evolves...

...slowly

Yesterday, Florida's Board of Education grew legs and crawled out of the ocean. Then they voted to allow teachers to use the term "scientific theory of evolution" when teaching science.

During the public comment time on the new standards, a man opposed to the move spoke with clarity seldom seen in my home state of Florida.
Now I have in my hand an orange. I was about to eat this orange yesterday, but before I did I sat down and read about this evolution stuff. I learned that this orange is actually my first cousin. I didn't want to eat the orange no more. So now I'm going to give it to you people on the committee, and you can eat it if you want. But if you do decide to eat it, it shows that you don't believe in this evolution either. And we shouldn't be teaching our kids something no one believes.
Fascinating. Here's the video. It's riveting.

TAGS: , , ,

No comments: