Harry Reid is actually kind of giving people hell lately. Nice. He went further, in fact than any prominent Democrat by saying that the war in Iraq is lost. He's now saying that Bush and that Congress will pass legislation bringing the troops home by October.
Here's the rest of the Iraq News:
- Sunday was not a good day in Iraq. But remember, the surge is working... NOT.
- I love it when a blog runs an entire article that you could only get by subscribing, like Paul Krugman's editorials (or Maureen Dowd, Bob Herbert, Frank Rich, etc.), for example. Love that kind of thing. Anyway, here's Krugman explaining how the confrontation between Bush and Congress over war funding is a hostage situation.
- Meanwhile Bush (33%) threw a dog-and-pony show with Gen. Petraeus this morning in preparation for his big veto of the war funding bill.
- Bill Kristol and David Broder are trying. They really are. Bill, David, listen up, not only is the war in Iraq lost, but your war on reality is lost. Give it up and the Revolutionary Council on War Time Propaganda will go easier on you.
- The locals are not fond of the "Great Wall of Adhamiyah".
- They really love that Tony Blair over in Great Britain, eh?
*You should know what COM means.
VIDEO: The BBC covers the carnage in Baghdad.
VIDEO: The evolution of Obama's Iraq war position.
TAGS: Harry Reid, Iraq War, Barack Obama, Bill Moyers