Satellite Killers, Gender Gap, Spam, The Vatican, Pillow Fighting, More
China killed one of its own satellites with a missile a couple of weeks ago, and now they won't talk about it.
This is a truly horrifying event that diplomacy could have solved long ago. China is out of its mind to escalate the situation, and who knows exactly what damage the debris from the satellite will cause.
While this action is way over the top, the Bush administration has been playing fast and loose with space war for a long time and push back is not surprising.
So, in light of yet another looming international crisis, let's take a look a the People's Republic in this installment of...
...The China News:
- Steve Watson writes, "Space Arms Race is Definitely On."
- I don't know what a foreign exchange reserve is, but China has the world's largest and is planning to use it.
- Communist Party and the State Council plan to alleviate China's gender gap. According to The Xinhua News Agency, "118 boys were born for every 100 girls in 2005. In some regions, it said, the figure hit 130 for every 100 girls. The average for industrialized countries is between 104 and 107 boys for every 100 girls."
- The U.S. and China are responsible for two-thirds of the world's spam (email, not meat).
- China and the Vatican are making nice.
- As are China and Japan.
- Hey, remember North Korea? Well, it's not going very well.
VIDEO: BBC reports on the Chinese pillow fighting trend.
VIDEO: BBC on China's enormous pollution.
TAGS: China, Space Wars, Arms Race, Spam