by the Station Agent
of Ice Station Tango.
87 troops have died so far this month in Iraq, while Bush continues to diddle around and play games. UPDATE: Now it's 89. UPDATE: Now it's 91.
It's a sad, sorry state of affairs...
...it's The Iraq News:
- 65 active-duty soldiers are officially asking Congress to end the war.
- RJ Eskow writes about the many ways in which the ruling party is failing our troops.
- Cindy Sheehan asks, "Is it Vietnam Yet?"
- Joshua Holland writes, "Saddam Hussein to murdered for the GOP."
- Indie voters think the Dems are the way to go, mostly because of Iraq. Another poll shows that the Brits want out, bad.
- Thousands of troops are being kept from service over seas because of their own massive debt.
VIDEO: Watch Zalmay Khalilzad as he expertly instills confidence--he says victory still "possible" in Iraq. It's possible that Halliburton will find that missing money in Iraq and drop it in the National Treasury, too.
VIDEO: A fortnight before the mid-term elections, I look at the BBC's look at the US political debate over Iraq.
Tags: Iraq War, Saddam Hussein, Bush, Zalmay Khalilzad.